Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 24 April 2016

What's In My Glossybox? | April 2016

Glossybox April 2016
Hello Everyone!
Happy Sunday!
Did you see my Freedom Makeup Haul last week? (HERE).
This is my third Glossybox that I've received (Starter box) (March box)
I wasn't as thrilled with this one to be honest, but then not every box can be spot on!
I did get a couple of items that I am loving, though.






Glossybox April 2016

Essence Mosaic Compact Powder

Essence Mosaic Compact Powder


Essence Mosaic Compact Powder

A nice compact powder, mattifies the skin well and adds a touch of coverage and colour. I don't like how much glitter there is though - I'm not trying to be Edward Cullen. 
It looks nice swept over the cheekbones and nose  to add a bit of a shimmer.
Full size is only £3.

The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil

The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil


The Body Shop Oils of Life Facial Oil

I'm a little bit in love with this one! I love the little  pipette  too.At first I was a bit reluctant to use it as I've never used a facial oil before and it frightened me a bit, so I read up on how to use it (I know, what sort of beauty blogger am I?) and have been loving it.It claims  to be an 'intensely revitalising facial oil' and I agree with that statement.Once I've taken my make up off, I dab this along my T-Zone and the rest of my face using my finger tips, and then sometimes pat  my moisturiser over the top to lock in the moisture while I sleep.I wake up with healthier looking, hydrated skin.The full size is £28 so I'm not sure I would  pay that but I love this little tester and it is a great facial oil.

Leighton Denny Miracle Mist

Leighton Denny Miracle Mist

I was a bit sceptical of this one too as I already have lots of nail drying sprays and this doesn't really scream 'beauty' at me, but I used it and loved it.
It actually did dry my nails in about 2 minutes, and I am talking dry dry not touch dry. 


I also love that it doesn't have a chemical smell that sucks all the oxygen from the room like some others do. It really is a great nail drying spray.

Full size is £12, a bit pricey but it is worth the money.

STYLondon Temporary 'Henna' Tattoos

STYLondon Temporary 'Henna' Tattoos

Now this was the dud item in the box - this is not beauty to me.


I haven't worn temporary tattoos since I was about 12 and don't intend to again.

I haven't tried them so I can't tell you anything about them (sorry!).
These will be going in my nail art draw in case I ever feel inspired to use them on my nails. 

​Full size is £5.99.

Studio 10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner

Studio 10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner

Studio 10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner Brow Pencil

Studio 10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner Highlighter Pencil

Studio 10 Brow Lift Perfecting Liner Swatches
Essence Mosaic Compact Powder / Studio 10 Eyebrow Pencil and Highlighter

This is a lovely eyebrow pencil, it's a really hard consistency so you can create a really natural brow look and create tiny fine lines to resemble hairs. It's double ended so you have the defining pencil on one end and the highlighter pencil on the other. Personally I would have preferred a spooli as opposed to a highlighter pencil, purely because I just don't get on with highlighter pencils.


It's a tiny bit warm toned for me but  I'll definitely be using it again. 

Full size is £22.


So not my favourite Glossybox but I got a couple of goodies out of it!

What did you think of the April Glossybox?
I'd love to hear your thoughts so leave me a comment!



Thanks for reading and I'll be back next week.


Abi xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig