Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 17 April 2016

Freedom Makeup Haul

Freedom Makeup Haul
Hello Everyone!
Happy Sunday!
I hope you enjoyed last week's post  'The 5 Product Face'  (here), it's so difficult to narrow it down.

As you may know, I made a big ol' Freedom Makeup order the other week, so today I'll be showing you what I bought and what I think of it.


Freedom Makeup is SUPER affordable, is a sister brand to Make Up Revolution and doesn't test on animals.
Here's the run down of what I bought:
  • Pro 12 Audacious 3 eyeshadow palette, £4
  • Mono Eyeshadows in  Glided 217 and Gilded 218, 75p  each
  • Pro Studio Priming Water, £6
  • Blush Professional Pro Blush 3 in 'True Loved', £1
  • Pro Lipstick Pink 103 in 'Pink Lust', 75p
  • Makeup Artist Pro Favourites Collection (5 lipstick set) £3.50

Eyeshadows

Pro 12 Audacious 3 Eyeshadow Palette and Mono Eyeshadows in Gilded 217 and Gilded 218

Pro 12 Audacious 3 Eyeshadow Palette Swatches

Mono Eyeshadows in Gilded 217 and Gilded 218 Swatches
Mono Eyeshadow in Glided 217 (left) and Gilded 218 (right)
  • The eyeshadows swatch really nicely, but when applying them with a brush they're not overly pigmented.
  • They are glittery as opposed to shimmery.
  • They blend well.
  • They don't crease.

They're not fantastic but when you're getting 12 eyeshadows for £3.50, what can you expect?

Priming Water and Blush

Priming Water and Blush

Priming Water

I only have good things to say about these two items!

I was a bit sceptical about the priming water as I thought 'how is vitamin water going to make a difference?' but oh man was I  wrong.

It is packed with multi vitamins which is supposed to hydrate the skin for hours, boost radiance and revitalise your complexion.

I spray it on top of my usual primer as a boost and it makes my foundation apply so much nicer! It stops it from looking cakey and it makes me look less shiny throughout the day.
It's also stopped my make up from breaking up on my nose.
Plus who doesn't want revitalised skin?

Verdict: Absolute must have!

Blush

The blush gives a subtle pink 'flushed' look to the skin, it looks quite natural which is nice.
It blends really well and didn't go patchy.

It isn't the most pigmented but at least that way you can build up the intensity.

Verdict: Lovely blush, especially for £1

Lipsticks

Freedom Pink Lust Lipstick

Freedom Lipsticks in Pink Lust and Makeup Artist Pro Favourites Collection

Freedom Makeup Lipsticks

Freedom Makeup Lipstick Swatches
(Left to Right) Pink Lust, Untouched, Candy Sweet, Expression, True Power, Dusk Till Dawn

The lipsticks in this 5 set are the 'favourite' picks from each of the other available 5 sets:
  • Untouched is from  Bare (111)
  • Candy Sweet is from Pink (102)
  • Expression is from  Red (108)
  • True Power is from Now (120)
  • ​Dusk Till Dawn is from Vamp Noire
  • They're very smooth.
  • Not overly pigmented but give a nice wash of colour.
  • Didn't bleed.
  • Absorbs quite quickly, so needs topping up often.
Verdict: Probably wouldn't buy again, but it was nice to try new shades.
If you like a wash of colour as opposed to  opaque colour, you'll like these.

Over all not a bad little  spending spree!
Absolutely love the priming water and the blush is great too.
Nothing was 'bad' but the eyeshadows could be better, even at the cheap price they are, I would expect more from them.

Have you bought anything from Freedom?
What are your thoughts?
Leave me a comment!

Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you next Sunday.
Next week's post is 'What's In My Glossybox? April 2016'
So look out for that (or follow me on Bloglovin' so you don't miss it)

Abi xxx

Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Bloglovin'


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig