Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 17 July 2016

Mini Amazon Beauty Haul | Rimmel & Avon

Mini Amazon Beauty Haul | Rimmel & Avon

Hello Everyone!
Happy Sunday!
Did you see my Holiday Lookbook last week (here)?
I impulse bought a couple of beauty bits from Amazon recently, as I have no self control and it was 'prime day' or something, so there were loads of deals on and thought I'd show you them and tell you my first thoughts.





So this is what I bought:
  • Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder in '001 Translucent'.
  • Avon Eye Shadow Primer in 'Light Beige'.
  • Rimmmel Volume Colourist mascara in 'Extreme Black'.
Mini Amazon Beauty Haul | Rimmel & Avon

Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder in '001 Translucent'

Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder in '001 Translucent'

Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Powder in '001 Translucent' Swatch

The first thing that struck me about this powder is that a little powder puff came with it, which I thought was a nice added touch, it's not often you get a little freebie! It's finely milled so it goes on smoothly without looking cakey. I know the pierced lid (I don't know the correct term!) is meant to stop it from spilling everywhere but I'd rather just dip my brush straight into it and deal with the mess, haha. It's a nice powder and it set my make up well.

Avon Eyeshadow Primer in 'Light Beige'

Avon Eyeshadow Primer in 'Light Beige'

Avon Eyeshadow Primer in 'Light Beige'

I've been looking for an eyeshadow primer for a while now and thought this one looked good as I know Emma Pickles raves about it and it looked similar to the MAC Paint Pots so I thought I'd give it a go. It's a nice smooth texture and is a soft shade, hardly noticeable once it has dried, but creates a smooth base for eyeshadows. I applied a thin layer but it went a bit flaky when I added a second thin layer. It made blending eyeshadow much easier and it looked seamless! It didn't make the colours stand out as much as I was hoping though.

Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara in 'Extreme Black'

Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara in 'Extreme Black'

Rimmel Volume Colourist Mascara in 'Extreme Black'

I was intrigued about the lash tinting complex and I can never have enough mascaras! Plus it was only £4. From first use it separated, lengthened and gave my lashes a little bit of volume. I like the brush, it's not too big and the bristles catch each lash. I'll keep trying it and see if I notice a difference in the colour of my lashes and report back!

I love picking up beauty bits from Amazon, have you picked up anything worth me trying?
Leave me a comment!

Thanks for reading, I'll be back next Sunday with this month's Glossybox.

Abi xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig