Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Monday 2 May 2016

The Liebster Award

Hello everyone!
Happy Bank Holiday!

A sneaky surprise blog post today.
The lovely Shalane from DragonFlies & DreamCatchers  (here) nominated me for the 'Liebster Award'. 


Now  if you don't know what the Liebster award is (I'd heard of it but wasn't sure what it was), here's a little info for you:

"The Liebster Award 2016  is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means  sweetest, kindest, beloved,  etc." source
Basically its a way to give smaller bloggers some exposure (for which I am very grateful!).

The blogger is nominated by another blogger to answer a few questions about themselves that the nominator has chosen and then once you've answered the questions, you create your own questions for your nominees.


Here are my responses:

Favourite Vlogger At The Moment:
I don't really keep up with vloggers anymore, mainly because I don't have time but I do watch a lot of beauty gurus and my number one at the moment has to be Desi Perkins. I am OBSESSED. She is gorgeous and insanely talented, so I have been loving her make up tutorials lately. Go check her out (here)

Best Blogging Advice Ever Received:
This isn't really blogging advice but it is blog photography advice, Paula from Thirteen Thoughts (here) always stresses how important a light reflector is and so I bought one (for less than £10) on Amazon and I don't know how I ever got on without one. It has HUGELY improved my blog photos and the overall look of my posts.
Another helpful piece of advice that I received is to plan and do  things in advance; I always take my blog photos in advance as getting the right lighting is tricky. Then when I'm ready to write the blog post, I have everything ready to go and I'm not trying to do everything at once. It just takes the pressure off a bit.

Your Ultimate Blog Goal:
I would absolutely LOVE to one day blog professionally  and really make something of this blog.
I'd love to have a bigger following and create a little community.
To work with a brand like Maybelline or something would also be incredible.

Favourite Beauty Brand:
Ooh such a difficult question! I think I'd have to say Maybelline as I think they make the best mascaras and I've been using their gel eyeliner for around 6 years. I love Maybelline ​ to bits.

Where Do You Get Ideas For Your Blog Posts?
Lots of places, sometimes I get ideas from other bloggers (but never copy), sometimes I google starting points and it inspires me. Usually I've bought a new beauty product or tool and want to post a review of it.

Ultimate Favourite Dessert:
Basically anything chocolate - chocolate cake, chocolate brownie, you name it!
I'm also a huge fan of sorbet, particularly strawberry or raspberry.
I find sorbet less sickly so I usually pick sorbet if we've gone out to eat!

If money was no option, which 3 beauty products would you buy right now?
  • The Tarte Cosmetics 'Tarteist Clay Liner'.
  • The Too Faced 'Chocolate Bar Palette'.
  • Basically anything from Mac - I was given a voucher for Christmas so I'm planning on spending that on the Studio Fix foundation.

You are writing your memoirs. Show us the first paragraph of the first chapter.
Oh wow! Don't even know where to start with this so I'm just going to skip over it! (sowwy)

Name 5 People (Dead or Alive) That You'd Invite To Dinner:
  • First person I'd invite in a heartbeat would be my nan. She passed away when I was 9 so I would absolutely love to see her again and have her for dinner! It'd be wonderful.
  • Taylor Swift as I love her to bits
  • Desi Perkins  for obvious reasons
  • Chrisspy (from ChrisspyMakeup on youtube) another of my favourite make up gurus!
  • Louise Pentland (and Darcy) from Sprinkle Of Glitter as I think she is wonderful and Darcy is too cute. (Technically two people but Darcy is only little)

What Is Your Most Prized  Possession?
I have some rings that belonged to my nan that I wear everyday which are very important to me. I also love my iPhone and iPad too. I'm a very lucky girl when it comes to possessions!

Those are the answers to the questions I was given.

Here are the Rules:
* Thank the blogger that nominated you through your blog or social media
* Answer the questions by the blog that nominated you
* Nominate 5-11 other bloggers (with under 1,000 followers on Instagram)
* Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer
* Notify all nominees via social media

I nominate:

Here are your Questions ladies:
1. Top 3 make up products (eg lipstick, eyeshadow etc)
2. What inspired you to start blogging?
3. Favourite instagram account
4. Worst make up mistake
5. Top place you'd like to travel to
6. Favourite lip colour to wear
7.  What is your favourite blog post that you have written?
8. First beauty product you ever bought/used
9. Favourite online shop
10. What's your go-to fancy dress outfit?
11. What have you learned from blogging?

No pressure ladies if you don't want to answer.
Your blogs are fab and I think more people should know about them! 

Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you again soon!
Abi xxx

You can follow me on  Twitter Instagram | Bloglovin'
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig