Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 15 May 2016

Big Beauty Haul | Colourpop, Makeup Geek and More

Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday!
Did you see last week's post about what you need for a Make Up Brush Starter Kit? (Here)
I've been shopping on Amazon and Beauty Bay and have ordered a few bits (you may have seen on my instagram) and thought I would share my thoughts with you.




Eyes






Here we have:
  • Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow in the colours Bella Sand and Bella Champagne.
  • Makeup Geek singular shadow in Masquerade. 
  • Zoeva Classic Liner Brush.
  • W7 Absolute Lashes Mascara.
  • Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Mascara.
The Milani shadows are nice but not uber pigmented, they're quite sheer but give a nice glossy look to the lid. Very subtle.
Masquerade is lovely and pigmented like most MUG shadows. I've just bought a purple eye crayon to use as a base and I'm dying to try them out together.
I've been on the hunt for a new liner brush as I'm getting bored of my current one. This Zoeva Classic Liner Brush is good, but  I'm struggling to get a sharp point at the end of my eyeliner wings.
The W7 mascara is a great dupe for the Benefit They're Real mascara! I love that the tip has  extra bristles  so you can use it to coat the lashes you missed.
Maybelline Define-A-Lash was my holy grail mascara when I was at school until they stopped stocking it! So I just had to try the Define-A-Lash Volume version! It's a fantastic mascara; coats all your lashes evenly, separates them and lengthens them
.

Face





  • W7 Bronzer (has no name)
  • Morphe MB30 Brush


Contouring is so popular in the beauty world and I really wanted to try it to see what all the hype was about.

I bought the Morphe MB30 Brush  as I don't really have a contour brush (this one reminded me of the NARS ITA brush but for a much more affordable price). It's a nice brush with dense bristles.

I've only used it once so far as I really need to practice contouring (on a day when I'm not going anywhere so I can avoid looking like a muddy mess) as I struggled to blend the bronzer out well enough. In Hindsight I probably should have bought a contour powder as opposed to a bronzer but oh well.

I have been loving the W7 Bronzer   on my eyes though!  It's amazing as a crease colour or to dust over the lid to add some definition. It has great pigmentation and blends out really nicely.

Lips




Now we all know how obsessed I was with the Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipsticks (here) and a girl on instagram suggested I try the Ultra Satin Lip liquid lipsticks so  I bought a couple.


I have the shades Frick 'n' Frack and Echo Park.


  • Frick 'n' Frack is a  dark, brick red sort of colour; quite nineties.
  • Echo Park is a pinky nude shade.

These are much more comfortable to wear than the Ultra Matte ones as they're not as drying.

The formula is really nice and very pigmented.  The doe-foot applicator is very precise which is good. The  longevity of these is also brilliant, hardly had to retouch them at all throughout  the day.

Overall very pleased with all my purchases!
Have you tried any of the these items?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on them!

Thanks for reading and I'll be back next Sunday with May's Glossybox.

Abi xxx

P.S. You can follow me on  Twitter Instagram Bloglovin'  


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig